Vikipediya:Forum/Texnik savollar — versiyalar orasidagi farq

- eskirgan, keraksiz xabarlar
Teg: OmmaviyXabarlarni yetkazish
(- eskirgan, keraksiz xabarlar)
{{Yangilarini pastdan}}
{{/Tepasi}}
 
 
== Soʻrov ==
: Biz soʻragandek boʻlmasa ham, soʻrovimiz yarim holatda bajarildi. --[[Foydalanuvchi:Химик1991|Химик1991]] ([[Foydalanuvchi munozarasi:Химик1991|munozara]]) 09:27, 24-Aprel 2016 (UTC)
{{munozara osti}}
 
== LanguageConverter syntax change ==
 
Hello!
 
I'm Trizek (WMF) a community liaison for the Wikimedia Foundation. Sorry for that announcement in English. {{int:please-translate}}
 
LanguageConverter (LC), used to switch from one language to an other, has a problem: links using LanguageConverter do not show up properly on Special:LinkSearch.
 
These broken links can be fixed manually and the change is trivial:
 
Old syntax (examples for Chinese languages):
<code><nowiki>http://-{zh-cn:foo.com; zh-hk:bar.com; zh-tw:baz.com}-</nowiki></code>
 
New syntax:
<code><nowiki>-{zh-cn: http://foo.com ; zh-hk: http://bar.com ; zh-tw:http://baz.com }-</nowiki></code>
 
The space before <code><nowiki> }-</nowiki></code> is ''really'' important.
 
That change is only affecting a few percentage of pages. You can find the list for your wiki here: https://tools.wmflabs.org/bawolff/langconv/ (less that 10 items!).
 
If you don't make that change, links will break.
 
Please spread the word and update your local documentation! If you have any question, please ping me or [[user:Bawolff|Bawolff]].
 
Thanks, [[Foydalanuvchi:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek (WMF)]] ([[Foydalanuvchi munozarasi:Trizek (WMF)|munozara]]) 07:40, 29-Sentabr 2016 (UTC)
 
== The Wikimedia Developer Summit wants you ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
The Wikimedia Developer Summit is the annual meeting to push the evolution of MediaWiki and other technologies supporting the Wikimedia movement. The next edition will be held in San Francisco on January 9–11, 2017.
 
We welcome all Wikimedia technical contributors, third party developers, and users of MediaWiki and the Wikimedia APIs. We specifically want to increase the participation of volunteer developers and other contributors dealing with extensions, apps, tools, bots, gadgets, and templates.
 
Important deadlines:
 
* Monday, October 24: last day to request travel sponsorship. Applying takes less than five minutes.
* Monday, October 31: last day to propose an activity. Bring the topics you care about!
 
More information: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_Summit
 
Subscribe to weekly updates: https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Td5wfd70vptn8eu4
[[mw:User:MKramer (WMF)|MKramer (WMF)]] [[mw:User talk:MKramer (WMF)|(talk)]] 19:07, 14-Oktabr 2016 (UTC)</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=15989926 -->
 
== Developer Wishlist Survey: propose your ideas ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
 
At the [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Developer_Summit Wikimedia Developer Summit], we decided to organize a Developer Wishlist Survey, and here we go:
 
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist
 
The Wikimedia technical community seeks input from developers for
developers, to create a high-profile list of desired improvements. The scope of the survey includes the MediaWiki platform (core software, APIs, developer environment, enablers for extensions, gadgets, templates, bots, dumps), the Wikimedia server infrastructure, the contribution process, and documentation.
 
The best part: we want to have the results published by Wednesday, February 15. Yes, in a month, to have a higher chance to influence the
Wikimedia Foundation annual plan FY 2017-18.
 
There's no time to lose. <b>Propose your ideas before the end of January</b>,
either by pushing existing tasks in Phabricator or by creating new ones. You can find instructions on the wiki page. Questions and feedback are welcome especially on the related Talk page.
 
The voting phase is expected to start on February 6 (tentative). Watch this space (or even better, the wiki page) - [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/User:SSethi_(WMF) SSethi_(WMF)] January 21st, 2017 3:07 AM (UTC) </div>
<!-- Message sent by User:SSethi (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=16170185 -->
 
== Developer Wishlist Survey: Vote for Proposals ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Almost two weeks ago, the [https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Technical_Collaboration Technical Collaboration team] invited proposals for the first edition of the Developer Wishlist survey!
 
We collected around 77 proposals that were marked as suitable for the developer wishlist and met the [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist#Scope defined scope and criteria]. These proposals fall into the following nine categories: Frontend, Backend, Code Contribution (Process, Guidelines), Extensions, Technical Debt, Developer Environment, Documentation, Tools (Phabricator, Gerrit) and Community Engagement.
 
Voting phase starts now and will run until <b>February 14th, 23:59 UTC</b>. [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Developer_Wishlist Click here on a category and show support for the proposals you care for most]. Use the 'Vote' and 'Endorse' buttons next to a proposal to do so.
 
<b>What happens next?</b><br/>
Proposals that will gather most votes will be included in the final results which will be published on <b>Wednesday, February 15th</b>. These proposals will also be considered in the Wikimedia Foundation’s annual plan FY 2017-18 - [[m:User:SSethi_(WMF)|SSethi_(WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:SSethi_(WMF)|talk]]) 04:41, 6 February 2017 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:SSethi (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=16170185 -->
 
== New notification when a page is connected to Wikidata ==
 
Hello all,
 
''({{Int:Please-translate}})''
 
The Wikidata development team is about to deploy a new feature on all Wikipedias. It is a new type of notification (via Echo, the notification system you see at the top right of your wiki when you are logged in), that will inform the creator of a page, when this page is connected to a Wikidata item.
 
You may know that [[d:Wikidata:Main page|Wikidata]] provides a centralized system for all the interwikilinks. When a new page is created, it should be connected to the corresponding Wikidata item, by modifying this Wikidata item. With this new notification, editors creating pages will be informed when another editor connects this page to Wikidata.
 
[[File:Screenshot Echo Wikibase notification.png]]
 
This feature will be deployed on May 30th on all the Wikipedias, excepting English, French and German. This feature will be disable by default for existing editors, and enabled by default for new editors.
 
This is the first step of the deployments, the Wikipedias and other Wikimedia projects will follow in the next months.
 
If you have any question, suggestion, please let me know by pinging me. You can also follow and leave a comment [[phab:T142102|on the Phabricator ticket]].
 
Thanks go to [[d:user:Matěj Suchánek|Matěj Suchánek]] who developed this feature!
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[:d:User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|Lea Lacroix (WMDE)]] ([[:d:User talk:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|talk]])
<!-- Message sent by User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/List_Wikipedias&oldid=16774958 -->
 
== Wikidata changes now also appear in enhanced recent changes ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Hello, and sorry to write this message in English. You can [[mw:User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/Wikidata_in_enhanced_recent_changes|help translating it]].
 
Starting from today, you will be able to display Wikidata changes in both modes of the recent changes and the watchlist.
 
'''[[mw:User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/Wikidata_in_enhanced_recent_changes|Read and translate the full message]]'''
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[user:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|Lea Lacroix (WMDE)]] 08:33, 29-Iyun 2017 (UTC)
 
<small>(wrong target page? you can [[m:User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)/List Wikipedias|fix it here]])</small>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/List_Wikipedias&oldid=16777494 -->
 
== Improved search in deleted pages archive ==
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
During Wikimedia Hackathon 2016, the [[mw:Wikimedia_Discovery|Discovery]] team [https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T109561 worked] on one of the items on the 2015 community wishlist, namely [[m:2015_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Search#Provide_a_means_of_searching_for_deleted_pages|enabling searching the archive of deleted pages]]. This feature is now ready for production deployment, and will be enabled on all wikis, except Wikidata.
 
Right now, the feature is behind a feature flag - to use it on your wiki, please go to the <code>Special:Undelete</code> page, and add <code>&fuzzy=1</code> to the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=1. Then search for the pages you're interested in. There should be more results than before, due to using ElasticSearch indexing (via the CirrusSearch extension).
 
We plan to enable this improved search by default on all wikis soon (around August 1, 2017). If you have any objections to this - please raise them with the Discovery team via [http://mailto:discovery@lists.wikimedia.org email] or on this announcement's discussion page. Like most Mediawiki configuration parameters, the functionality can be configured per wiki.
Once the improved search becomes the default, you can still access the old mode using <code>&fuzzy=0</code> in the URL, like this: https://test.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3AUndelete&fuzzy=0
 
Please note that since Special:Undelete is an admin-only feature, this search capability is also only accessible to wiki admins.
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 18:39, 25-Iyul 2017 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:CKoerner_(WMF)/Archive_search_announce/Distribution_list&oldid=17036927 -->
 
== Improvements coming soon to Recent Changes ==
 
<div dir="ltr">
[[File:Rc-beta-tour-welcome-ltr.gif|link=Mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New_filters_for_edit_review|right|frameless]]
Hello
 
Sorry to use English. {{Int:please-translate}}! {{Int:thank-you}}
 
'''In short:''' starting on 26 September, New Filters for Edit Review ([[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|now in Beta]]) will become standard on Recent Changes. They provide an array of new tools and an improved interface. If you prefer the current page you will be able to opt out. [[mw:Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|Learn more about the New Filters]].
 
<big>'''What is this feature again?'''</big>
 
This feature improves [[Special:RecentChanges]] and [[Special:RecentChangesLinked]] (and soon, [[Special:Watchlist]] – see below).
 
Based on a new design, it adds new features that ease vandalism tracking and support of newcomers:
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Filtering|Filtering]] - filter recent changes with easy-to-use and powerful filters combinations, including filtering by namespace or tagged edits.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Highlighting function|Highlighting]] - add a colored background to the different changes you are monitoring. It helps quick identification of changes that matter to you.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Bookmarking|Bookmarking]] to keep your favorite configurations of filters ready to be used.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Quality and Intent Filters|Quality and Intent Filters]] - those filters use [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/ORES|ORES predictions]]. They identify real vandalism or good faith intent contributions that need help. They are not available on all wikis.
You can know more about this project by visiting [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Quick tour|the quick tour help page]].
 
<big>'''Concerning RecentChanges'''</big>
 
Starting on 26 September, '''New Filters for Edit Review will become standard on Recent Changes'''. We have decided to do this release because of a long and successful Beta test phase, positive feedback from various users and positive user testing.
 
Some features will remain as Beta features and will be added later. [[mw:Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|Learn more about those different features]].
 
If your community has specific concerns about this deployment or internal discussion, it can request to have the deployment to their wikis delayed to October 1, if they have ''sensible, consistent with the project, actionable, realistic feedback to oppose'' (at the development team's appreciation).
 
You will also be able to opt-out this change in your preferences.
 
<big>'''Concerning Watchlists'''</big>
 
Starting on '''September 19''', the Beta feature will have a new option. '''Watchlists will have all filters available now on the Beta Recent Changes improvements'''.
 
If you have already activated the Beta feature "{{int:eri-rcfilters-beta-label}}", you have no action to take. If you haven't activated the Beta feature "{{int:eri-rcfilters-beta-label}}" and you want to try the filters on Watchlists, please go to [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|your Beta preferences]] on September 19.
 
<big>'''How to be ready'''</big>
 
Please share this announcement!
 
Do you use Gadgets that change things on your RecentChanges or Watchlist pages, or have you customized them with scripts or CSS? You may have to make some changes to your configuration. Despite the fact that we have tried to take most cases into consideration, some configurations may break. The Beta phase is a great opportunity to have a look at local scripts and gadgets: some of them may be replaced by native features from the Beta feature.
 
Please ping me if you have questions.
 
On behalf of the [[mw:Global Collaboration|Global Collaboration team]], [[User:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek (WMF)]] 15:27, 14-Sentabr 2017 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=17219431 -->
 
== Global preferences available for testing ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">
Apologies for writing in English.
{{Int:Please-translate}}.
 
Greetings,
 
Global preferences, a [[m:2016_Community_Wishlist_Survey/Categories/Miscellaneous#Global_settings|highly request feature in the 2016 Community Wishlist]], is available for testing.
 
# [[mw:Help:Extension:GlobalPreferences|Read over the help page]], it is brief and has screenshots
# Login or register an account on [https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:Login Beta English Wikipedia]
# Visit [https://en.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Special:GlobalPreferences Global Preferences] and try enabling and disabling some settings
# Visit some other language and project test wikis such as [https://en.wikivoyage.beta.wmflabs.org English Wikivoyage], the [https://he.wikipedia.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/%D7%A2%D7%9E%D7%95%D7%93_%D7%A8%D7%90%D7%A9%D7%99 Hebrew Wikipedia] and test the settings
# [[mw:Help_talk:Extension:GlobalPreferences|Report your findings, experience, bugs, and other observations]]
 
Once the team has feedback on design issues, bugs, and other things that might need worked out, the problems will be addressed and global preferences will be sent to the wikis.
 
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! --[[m:User:Keegan (WMF)|Keegan (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Keegan (WMF)|talk]]) 00:23, 27-Fevral 2018 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Keegan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=17571042 -->
 
== Notification from edit summary ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Greetings,
 
The ability to [[m:Community_Tech/Ping_users_from_the_edit_summary|notify other users in edit summaries]] will be available later this week, on 15 March 2018. Other users can be notified if a [[m:Community_Tech/Ping_users_from_the_edit_summary#How_it_works|link to their user page is provided in an edit summary]]. Some user-made gadgets and scripts that automatically put user names in edit summaries may need to be changed to put a colon in the link, such as <nowiki>[[:User:Example]]</nowiki>. You can change how you receive these mention notifications in your [[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-echo|preferences]]. This feature was [[m:2017_Community_Wishlist_Survey|highly requested in the 2017 Community Wishlist survey]], and [[m:Talk:Community_Tech/Ping_users_from_the_edit_summary|feedback is welcome]].
 
Thanks, happy editing to you. -[[m:User:Keegan (WMF)|Keegan (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Keegan (WMF)|talk]]) 21:09, 12-Mart 2018 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Keegan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=17778225 -->
 
== We need your feedback to improve Lua functions ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Hello,
 
(I’m sorry for writing in English. {{Int:Please-translate}})
 
If you’re regularly using Lua modules, creating and improving some of them, we need your feedback!
 
The Wikidata development team would like to provide more Lua functions, in order to improve the experience of people who write Lua scripts to reuse Wikidata's data on the Wikimedia projects. Our goals are to help harmonizing the existing modules across the Wikimedia projects, to make coding in Lua easier for the communities, and to improve the performance of the modules.
 
We would like to know more about your habits, your needs, and what could help you. We have a few questions for you [[d:Wikidata:New convenience functions for Lua|on this page]]. Note that if you don’t feel comfortable with writing in English, you can answer in your preferred language.
 
{{Int:Feedback-thanks-title}} [[:d:User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|Lea Lacroix (WMDE)]] 08:56, 27-Mart 2018 (UTC)
 
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/Luannouncement&oldid=17873868 -->
 
== Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
'''Time to bring embedded maps (‘mapframe’) to most Wikipedias'''
 
{{int:please-translate}}
 
[[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:Kartographer|Mapframe]] is a feature that enables users to easily display interactive maps right on wiki pages. Currently, most Wikipedias don’t have mapframe. But [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Maps#Milestones_and_Updates|fifteen Wikipedias]], along with all the other Wikimedia projects, are using mapframe today to display maps on thousands of pages.
 
A little background: over the last few months, the Foundation’s [[mw:Collaboration|Collaboration team]] has been working to improve the stability and user experience of the maps service. In addition, a question about long-term support for the maps service was recently settled, and a small team has been assigned for routine maintenance. Given these developments, bringing the benefits of mapframe to Wikipedias that lack the feature seems both safe and supportable. [[phab:T191583|Nine Wikipedias]] that use a stricter version of Flagged Revisions will not get mapframe in this release.
 
Maps are a valuable form of visual data that can improve readers’ understanding across a wide range of topics. If you know of any reasons why mapframe shouldn’t be implemented on your Wikipedia, let us know [[mw:Talk:Map_improvements_2018|on the project talk page]]. Unless we hear from you, we plan to release mapframe to most Wikipedias in May, 2018. So, if you foresee an issue, please let us hear from you. Otherwise, happy mapping!
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 21:38, 24-Aprel 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:JMatazzoni_(WMF)/mapframe-to-all-wikipedias-notice/distribution_list&oldid=17969222 -->
 
== Wikitext highlighting out of beta ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
[[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Extension:CodeMirror|Wikitext syntax highlighting]], also known as CodeMirror, has been moved out of Beta Features and is available in the [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/2017_wikitext_editor|2017 Wikitext Editor]] on all wikis. Syntax highlighting helps you see problems in your wikitext before previewing or publishing text. Please try out the tool if you did not do so while it was being developed, and [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Extension_talk:CodeMirror|feedback is welcome]]. - [[User:Keegan (WMF)|Keegan (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:Keegan (WMF)|talk]])
</div>18:55, 4-May 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:Keegan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=17844049 -->
 
== Improvements coming soon on Watchlists ==
 
<div dir="ltr">
[[File:Rc-beta-tour-welcome-ltr.gif|link=Mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New_filters_for_edit_review|right|frameless]]
Hello
 
Sorry to use English. {{Int:please-translate}}! {{Int:thank-you}}
 
'''In short:''' starting on June 18, New Filters for Edit Review ([[Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-betafeatures|now in Beta]]) will become standard on Watchlists. They provide an array of new tools and an improved interface. If you prefer the current page you will be able to opt out. [[mw:Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|Learn more about the New Filters]].
 
<big>'''What is this feature again?'''</big>
 
This feature is used by default on [[Special:RecentChanges]], [[Special:RecentChangesLinked]] and as a Beta feature on [[Special:Watchlist]].
 
Based on a new design, that feature adds new functions to those pages, to ease vandalism tracking and support of newcomers:
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Filtering|Filtering]] - filter recent changes with easy-to-use and powerful filters combinations, including filtering by namespace or tagged edits.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Highlighting function|Highlighting]] - add a colored background to the different changes you are monitoring. It helps quick identification of changes that matter to you.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Bookmarking|Bookmarking]] to keep your favorite configurations of filters ready to be used.
* [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Quality and Intent Filters|Quality and Intent Filters]] - those filters use [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/ORES|ORES predictions]]. They identify real vandalism or good faith intent contributions that need help. They are not available on all wikis.
You can know more about this project by visiting [[mw:Special:MyLanguage/Help:New filters for edit review/Quick tour|the quick tour help page]].
 
<big>'''About the release on Watchlists'''</big>
 
Over 70,000 people have activated the New Filters beta, which has been in testing on Watchlist for more than eight months. We feel confident that the features are stable and effective, but if you have thoughts about these tools or the beta graduation, [[mw:Talk:Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|please let us know]] on the project talk page. In particular, tell us if you know of a special incompatibility or other issue that makes the New Filters problematic on your wiki. We’ll examine the blocker and may delay release on your wiki until the issue can be addressed.
 
The deployment will start on June 18 or on June 25, depending on the wiki ([[phab:T195993#4261642|check the list]]). After the deployment, you will also be able to opt-out this change directly from the Watchlist page and also in your preferences.
 
<big>'''How to be ready?'''</big>
 
Please share this announcement!
 
If you use local Gadgets that change things on your Watchlist pages, or have a customized scripts or CSS, be ready. You may have to make some changes to your configuration. Despite the fact that we have tried to take most cases into consideration, some configurations may break. The Beta phase is a great opportunity to have a look at local scripts and gadgets: some of them may be replaced by native features from the Beta feature.
 
Please share your questions and comments on the [[mw:Talk:Edit Review Improvements/New filters for edit review|feedback page]].
 
On behalf of the [[mw:Collaboration|Collaboration team]], [[User:Trizek (WMF)|Trizek (WMF)]] 13:14, 7-Iyun 2018 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Trizek (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Trizek_(WMF)/sandbox2&oldid=18110305 -->
 
== Update on page issues on mobile web ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
'''Update on page issues on mobile web'''
 
{{int:please-translate}}
Hi everyone. The [[mw:Reading/Web/Team|Readers web team]] has recently begun working on exposing issue templates on the mobile website. Currently, details about issues with page content are generally hidden on the mobile website. This leaves readers unaware of the reliability of the pages they are reading. The goal of this project is to improve awareness of particular issues within an article on the mobile web. We will do this by changing the visual styling of page issues.
 
So far, we have [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|drafted a proposal on the design and implementation]] of the project. We were also able to run [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues/Research Results|user testing on the proposed designs]]. The tests so far have positive results. Here is a quick summary of what we learned:
* The new treatment increases awareness of page issues among participants. This is true particularly when they are in a more evaluative/critical mode.
* Page issues make sense to readers and they understand how they work
* Readers care about page issues and consider them important
* Readers had overwhelmingly positive sentiments towards Wikipedia associated with learning about page issues
Our next step would be to start implementing these changes. We wanted to reach out to you for any concerns, thoughts, and suggestions you might have before beginning development. Please [[mw:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|visit the project page]] where we have more information and mockups of how this may look. Please [[mw:Talk:Reading/Web/Projects/Mobile Page Issues|leave feedback on the talk page]].
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 20:58, 12-Iyun 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:CKoerner_(WMF)/Sandbox&oldid=18120916 -->
 
== Consultation on the creation of a separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''({{int:please-translate}})''
 
Hi all,
 
I'm preparing a change in who can edit sitewide CSS/JS pages. (These are pages like <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Common.css</code> and <code dir="ltr">MediaWiki:Vector.js</code> which are executed in the browser of all readers and editors.) Currently all administrators are able to edit these pages, which poses a serious and unnecessary security risk. Soon, a dedicated, smaller user group will take over this task. Your community will be able to decide who belongs in this group, so this should mean very little change for you. You can find out more and provide feedback at [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Creation of separate user group for editing sitewide CSS/JS|the consultation page on Meta]]. If you are involved in maintaining CSS/JS code, or policymaking around adminship requests, please give it a look!
 
Thanks!
<br/><span dir="ltr">[[m:User:Tgr|Tgr]] ([[m:User talk:Tgr|talk]]) 10:50, 9-Iyul 2018 (UTC) <small>(via [[m:Special:MyLanguage/Global_message_delivery|global message delivery]])</small></span>
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Tgr@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=18158890 -->
 
== Technical Advice IRC Meeting ==
 
[[File:Technical Advice IRC Meeting Logoat.svg|right|200px]]
We'd like to invite you to the weekly [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|Technical Advice IRC meeting]]. The Technical Advice IRC Meeting (''TAIM'') is a weekly support event for volunteer developers. Every Wednesday, two full-time developers are available to help you with all your questions about Mediawiki, gadgets, tools and more! This can be anything from "how to get started" and "who would be the best contact for X" to specific questions on your project.
 
The Technical Advice IRC meeting is '''every Wednesday 3-4 pm UTC''' as well as on '''every first Wednesday of the month 11-12 pm UTC'''.
 
If you already know what you would like to discuss or ask, please add your topic to the next meeting: [[mw:Technical Advice IRC Meeting|Technical Advice IRC meeting]]
 
Cheers, -- [[User:Michael Schönitzer (WMDE)|Michael Schönitzer (WMDE)]] ([[User talk:Michael Schönitzer (WMDE)|talk]]) 14:27, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
 
== Enabling a helpful feature for Template editors ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
Hello.
 
The team working on TemplateStyles at the Wikimedia Foundation would like to enable TemplateStyles on this wiki.
 
TemplateStyles is a feature to allow non-administrators to write and manage CSS styles for templates. It allows contributors who edit templates to separate content and presentation. A good web practice that makes it easier to manage the layout of templates. If you don't edit templates, this will not have any impact on your contributions.
 
TemplateStyles is useful for a few reasons.
 
* It makes it possible for templates to work better on mobile.
* It cuts out confusion on where to apply CSS rules.
* Editing CSS is currently limited to administrators, which is a major barrier to participation.
* All stylesheets must be loaded on all pages (whether they actually use the page or not), which wastes bandwidth and makes debugging style rules more difficult.
You can [[mw:Help:TemplateStyles|learn more about TemplateStyles on MediaWiki.org]]. [[mw:Extension:TemplateStyles|Technical documentation is also available]].
 
This is an optional feature and no one must use it, but template contributors are encouraged to do so! Please discuss and let us know if there are any concerns. If there are no concerns we will proceed to deploy the feature on the 9th of August.
 
Thank you.
</div> [[m:User:CKoerner (WMF)|CKoerner (WMF)]] ([[m:User talk:CKoerner (WMF)|talk]]) 21:28, 6-Avgust 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:CKoerner (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:CKoerner_(WMF)/Sandbox&oldid=18277775 -->
 
== Proposal to close Uzbek Wikiquote ==
 
Sorry, I don't speak Uzbek, but there is a [[m:Proposals for closing projects/Closure of Uzbek Wikiquote|proposal to close Uzbek Wikiquote]]. [[Foydalanuvchi:Agusbou2015|Agusbou2015]] ([[Foydalanuvchi munozarasi:Agusbou2015|munozara]]) 02:01, 28-Avgust 2018 (UTC)
:Proposal withdrawn, and the project will remain open. [[Foydalanuvchi:StevenJ81|StevenJ81]] ([[Foydalanuvchi munozarasi:StevenJ81|munozara]]) 15:01, 28-Avgust 2018 (UTC)
 
== bizning telegram kanalimizga qo'shiling ==
 
https://t.me/ZAKAZNOMER
 
== mw.util.jsMessage ==
 
<div lang="en" dir="ltr" class="mw-content-ltr">Hi, the <code>mw.util.jsMessage()</code> function was deprecated in 2012, and will soon not be working. According to [[phab:P7840]] there's at least one gadget using this function on your wiki, but it is likely it won't cause much of a problem anyway. We don't see this function being used much and this message is mainly to be on the safe side. There's a [[mw:ResourceLoader/Migration guide (users)#mw.util.jsMessage|migration guide]] that explains how to use <code>mw.notify</code> instead. See [[phab:T193901]] for more information. /[[User:Johan (WMF)|Johan (WMF)]]</div>
09:39, 26-Noyabr 2018 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:Johan (WMF)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Johan_(WMF)/Distribution_lists/VPT20181126&oldid=18652526 -->
 
== Wikidata Bridge: edit Wikidata’s data from Wikipedia infoboxes ==
 
<div class="plainlinks mw-content-ltr" lang="en" dir="ltr">
''Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it :)''
 
Hello all,
 
Many language versions of Wikipedia use the content of [[Wikidata]], the centralized knowledge base, to fill out the content of infoboxes. The data is stored in Wikidata and displayed, partially or completely, in the Wikipedia’s language, on the articles.
This feature is used by many template editors, but brought several issues that were raised by communities in various places: not being able to edit the data directly from Wikipedia was one of them.
 
This is the reason why the '''[[mw:Wikidata Bridge|Wikidata Bridge]]''' project started, with the goal of offering a way to Wikipedia editors to edit Wikidata’s data more easily. This will be achieved by an interface, connected to the infobox, that users can access directly from their local wiki.
 
The project is now at an early stage of development. A lot of [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Research|user research]] has been done, and will continue to be done through the different phases of the project. The next steps of [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Development|development]] will be achieved by the development team working at Wikimedia Deutschland, starting now until the end of 2019.
 
In order to make sure that we’re building a tool that is answering editors’ needs, we’re using agile methods in our development process. We don’t start with a fixed idea of the tool we want to deliver: we will build it together with the editors, based on feedback loops that we will regularly organize. The first version will not necessarily have all of the features you want, but it will keep evolving.
 
Here’s the planned timeline:
* From June to August, we will build the setup and technical groundwork.
* From September to November 2019, we will develop the first version of the feature and publish a test system so you can try it and give feedback.
* Later on, we will test the feature on a few projects, in collaboration with the communities.
** We will first focus on early adopters communities who already implemented a shortcut from their infoboxes to edit Wikidata (for example Russian, Catalan, Basque Wikipedias)
** but we also welcome also communities who [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Get_involved|volunteer to be part of the first test round]].
** Then we will reach some of the big Wikipedias (French, German, English) in order to see if the project scales and to address their potentially different needs.
** Even later, we can consider enabling the feature on all the other projects.
In any case, no deployment or big change will be enforced on the projects without talking to the communities first, and helping the template builders to prepare for the changes they will have to do on the infoboxes’ code.
 
If you want to get involved, there are several ways to help:
* Read and help translating [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge|the documentation pages]]
* Follow the [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Updates|updates]] and participate in [[mw:Topic:V1x2lxtu8rgi954a|the first feedback loop]]
* Talk about it with your local community
More ideas will be added [[mw:Wikidata_Bridge/Get_involved|on this page]] along the way
 
If you have any questions for the development team, feel free to ask them [[mw:Talk:Wikidata_Bridge|on the main talk page]]. You can also ask under this message, but if you expect an answer from me, please make sure to ping me.
 
Thanks for your attention, [[:d:User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)|Lea Lacroix (WMDE)]] 13:03, 24-Iyun 2019 (UTC)
</div>
<!-- Message sent by User:Lea Lacroix (WMDE)@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=User:Lea_Lacroix_(WMDE)/List_Wikipedias&oldid=19168539 -->
 
== Google Code-In will soon take place again! Mentor tasks to help new contributors! ==
 
Hi everybody! Google Code-in (GCI) will soon take place again - a seven week long contest for 13-17 year old students to contribute to free software projects. Tasks should take an experienced contributor about two or three hours and can be of the categories Code, Documentation/Training, Outreach/Research, Quality Assurance, and User Interface/Design. Do you have any Lua, template, gadget/script or similar task that would benefit your wiki? Or maybe some of your tools need better documentation? If so, and you can imagine enjoying mentoring such a task to help a new contributor, please check out [[:mw:Google Code-in/2019]] and become a mentor. If you have any questions, feel free to ask at [[:mw:Talk:Google Code-in/2019|our talk page]]. Many thanks in advance! --[[User:Martin Urbanec|Martin Urbanec]] 07:28, 5-Noyabr 2019 (UTC)
<!-- Message sent by User:Martin Urbanec@metawiki using the list at https://meta.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?title=Distribution_list/Technical_Village_Pumps_distribution_list&oldid=19202271 -->