Forumning ushbu boʻlimi Vikipediyaga oid eng umumiy savollarni muhokama qilish uchun moʻljallangan.
The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?Tahrirlash
Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.
We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.
It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.
About the skinTahrirlash
[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.
[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.
[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.
- The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
- The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
- The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
- The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.
[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.
How can editors change and customize this skin?Tahrirlash
It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.
If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.
If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 04:15, 22-Sentabr 2022 (UTC)
- Assalomu alaykum. Oʻzbekcha vikipediya foydalanuvchilarining koʻpchiligi, jumladan men ham oʻzbek tilidan tashqari, vikipediyaning ingliz va rus tillaridagi maqolalarini oʻqiyman, ularda ham eski vektor. Bu esa maqolalarni oʻqishga juda qulay. Men eskisida qolish tarafdoriman. Humoyun Qodirov (munozara) 15:38, 30-Sentabr 2022 (UTC)
- Eski skin qulay, yangi skinga hech ham moslasha olmadim. Shu sababli yangi skinga oʻtishga hozircha Qarshiman. Jamshid Nurqul (munozara) 19:05, 30-Sentabr 2022 (UTC)
- Assalomu alaykum. Apologies for not writing in Uzbek. Thank you for these comments. I’d like to confirm two things.
- Our team intends to make the new skin the default across all the wikis, including English and Russian Wikipedias. Since 2019, we have been building it in collaboration with the communities. The step of making it the default isnʼt different. Although many things present in the skin are already built with individual editors and communities, thereʼs a chance that these may be improved further. So if you have specific concerns, please share.
- If you — individual Wikipedians — prefer other skins, thatʼs fine. We will not remove older skins, we will not force you to use Vector 2022. We would only like to make Vector 2022 the new default.
- What do you think about that? I hope we will continue this conversation.
- Also: we will not make this skin the default this week. Both because weʼre talking here, and because our team decided to make the change on a smaller number of wikis. SGrabarczuk (WMF) (munozara) 13:53, 3-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
- Yuqorida bildirilgan fikrlar uchun tashakkur. Shuni qoʻshimcha qilishni xohlardimki, yangi Vektorga oʻtilgan taqdirda, eski Vektor olib tashlanmaydi. Yaʼni, istalgan foydalanuvchi oʻziga manzur kelgan skindan (tashqi koʻrinishdan) foydalanishi mumkin. Buning uchun foydalanuvchi shunchaki shaxsiy moslamalariga oʻtishi, u yerdan Tashqi koʻrinishi boʻlimiga oʻtib, oʻziga yoqqan tashqi koʻrinishlardan birini tanlashi kerak, xolos.
- Malikxan munozara 22:38, 9-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
Announcing the preliminary results of the 2022 Board of Trustees election Community Voting periodTahrirlash
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 2022 Board of Trustees election process. Your participation helps seat the trustees the community seeks on the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees.
These are the preliminary results of the 2022 Board of Trustees election:
The Board will complete their review of the most voted candidates, including conducting background checks. The Board plans to appoint new trustees at their meeting in December.
Movement Strategy and Governance
Oʻzbekcha Vikipediyada Mashina tarjimasini butunlay oʻchirishTahrirlash
Sport tadbirlarini nomlashTahrirlash
Hamkasblar, sport tadbirlarini nomlash masalasida bir qarorga kelishimiz zarur deb bilaman. Misol uchun, Dzyudo bo'yicha 2022-yilgi jahon chempionati formatidagi nomlashni taklif qilaman. Umarjon Rahimov (munozara) 11:46, 14-Oktabr 2022 (UTC).
- Salom, @Ustoz Umarxon. Demoqchisizki, Sport turi bo'yicha shu-yilgi palonchi chempionati shaklida yakdil qoida yaratish kerak, shundaymi? MaxiMillian (talk) 17:00, 14-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
- Yaxshi taklif. Olimidono (munozara) 17:28, 14-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
- Maqolalarni taklif etilganiday nomlashning ularni sortirovkasi uchun foydali tomoni bor uchun Roziman. — Kagansky (munozarasi) 19:56, 14-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
Update on Vector 2022Tahrirlash
We wanted to apologize for the delays in the deployment of Vector 2022. We know many of you are waiting for this eagerly. We have been delaying the deployment because we have been working on the logos. It has taken us more time than originally expected. Once the logos are ready, we will let you know the exact date of deployment. We are planning for either the next (more likely) or the following week. If your wiki doesn't currently have a localized logo, we encourage you to reach out to us and we can help make one.
We invite you to get involved in the project. Contact us if you have any questions or need any help, particularly with the compatibility of gadgets and user scripts. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 23:24, 19-Oktabr 2022 (UTC)
Join the Movement Charter Regional Conversation HoursTahrirlash
As some of you are aware, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) is currently collecting community feedback about three draft sections of the Movement Charter: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement).
How can you participate and share your feedback?
The MCDC is looking forward to receiving all types of feedback in different languages from the community members across the Movement and Affiliates. You can participate in the following ways:
- Attend the community conversation hour focused on the Central and Eastern Europe and the Central Asia region on November 26, 2022 at 15.00-16.30 UTC (your local time). Details about the regional community conversation hours are published here
- Fill out a survey (optional and anonymous)
- Share your thoughts and feedback on the Meta talk page
- Share your thoughts and feedback on the MS Forum:
If you want to learn more about the Movement Charter, its goals, why it matters and how it impacts your community, please watch the recording of the “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” sessions which took place earlier in November 2022.
Would you like to become a Movement Charter Ambassador for the Uzbek speaking community? Please sign-up here and support your community by translating the materials into your language and organising conversations, collecting feedback, among others. There is a dedicated funding available for those who are interested in applying for a grant.
Thank you for your participation.
Uzbek surpassed Russian in pageviews in UzbekistanTahrirlash
Hello, apologies for writing in English. As you see I am from el.wiki, but interested on UzWiki as well. In November, according to stats.wikimedia.org, Uzbek Wikipedia garnered 11.4 million pageviews in Uzbekistan, while Russian got 11.1 million pageviews in the same country. This is the first time that a Central Asian language overtakes Russian in its country in any given month.
Until summer Uzbek will surpass Russian in various months while after September 2023 the lead will become more stable and larger, based in an elaboration of today's trends. In order to further improve this lead and the general quality of Uzbek Wikipedia, a suggested step is to undertake efforts to expand existing articles, either as a part of WikiStipendiya, or independently. This is a crucial step to bolster the lead. Congratulations, for this achievement. NikosLikomitros (munozara) 18:37, 2-Dekabr 2022 (UTC)